- This event has passed.
Blackboard: Getting Started
January 12 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
This workshop for instructors provides a hands-on introduction to the Blackboard Learn interface and organization features. You will focus on navigation, the course style, and the process of planning, adding, and organizing links on the course menu.
Along the way, you will examine different strategies for organizing the course menu, which is the students’ access point to tools and content. Finally, you will consider ways you can influence your students’ impressions of the online learning environment.
Register to attend here.
By the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Navigate the course Control Panel
- Create, edit and move course navigation buttons
- Create content folders
- Add items to a content area
- Use basic Blackboard communication tools
- Create a simple Blackboard test
- Establish best practice expectations for student participation
If this session date does not work out for your schedule, we would be happy to set up a one-on-one deskside consulting session, or even a customized departmental workshop. Details on how to request these are found on http://technology.ku.edu/training