- This event has passed.
Thesis/Dissertation Formatting and Copyright Workshop
April 20, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
This workshop is for graduate students at any stage of the thesis or dissertation process. If you’re just starting out, you can build your own template for future use. If you’re nearing the end, come join us for some quick tips that will save you some time and trouble as you move forward.
Specific workshop topics include:
- general information about the thesis/dissertation process
- content order
- title and acceptance pages
- page numbering
- building an automatic table of contents using heading styles
- generating a table of contents
- captioning figures, equations, tables and more
- embedding fonts
- converting to PDF
The workshop also covers the basics of copyright for grad students as scholars and teachers, including copyright considerations for theses and dissertations, and resources in the KU Libraries that can help.
- general information about copyrights in the U.S.
- copyrights and scholarly publications, including theses and dissertations
- Fair Use and scholarly work
- Copyright Decision Tree – Tool developed at KU to help users decide whether they are using copyrighted materials in compliance with U.S. copyright law and/or fair use
- copyright services provided by the Libraries’ Shulenburger Office of Scholarly Communication & Copyright
Register to attend here.