- This event has passed.
Thesis/Dissertation Formatting & Copyright Workshop
March 5 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 amFree
This workshop is for graduate students at any stage of the thesis or dissertation process. If you’re just starting out, you can build your own template for future use. If you’re nearing the end, come join us for some quick tips that will save you some time and trouble as you move forward.
The workshop also covers the basics of copyright for grad students as scholars and teachers, including copyright considerations for theses and dissertations, and resources in the KU Libraries that can help.
- general information about copyrights in the U.S.
- copyrights and scholarly publications, including theses and dissertations
- Fair Use and scholarly work
- Copyright Decision Tree – Tool developed at KU to help users decide whether they are using copyrighted materials in compliance with U.S. copyright law and/or fair use
- copyright services provided by the Libraries’ Shulenburger Office of Scholarly Communication & Copyright